Ss. Cyril and Methodius School leads children to educational,
emotional, social and, most importantly, spiritual maturity. Our
endeavor focuses on Jesus as the reason for our existence, by reflecting
His attitudes in all subject areas, using Diocesan guidelines and New
York State standards. We strive to enable all students to reach their
maximum potential with respect for racial and cultural diversity by:
1. Creating an atmosphere of trust in which all can work together toward common goals.
2. Encouraging each person to discover the spiritual dimension in their life and to provide experiences of worship and service.
3. Witnessing to the Christian faith and the call to befriend the world through a spirit of sharing and self-giving.
4. Accepting and respecting others in a multi-cultural society whose ideas may differ from our own.
5. Reconciling conflicts in a way that promotes the value of non-violence.
6. Encouraging in each person an awareness of potential and self-worth.
7. Exploring the challenge and consequences of freedom, mutuality and responsibility within the communities in the total environment.
8. Stimulating a love for learning, a spirit of inquiry and the creative use of leisure.
9. Discovering in ourselves sources of wonderment and delight.
10. Concerning ourselves with the needs of individuals by implementing creative methods of teaching and learning.
11. Encouraging initiative, decision-making, coping skills and self-evaluation.
12. Encouraging concern for the ecosystem in which we live and the meaning of membership in a global community.
To help attain our goal to lead our children to maturity in the
spiritual, emotional, and educational components of life, Ss. Cyril and
Methodius School strives teaches good moral character traits such as
respect, responsibility, citizenship, trustworthiness, self discipline,
perseverance, and tolerance on every grade level. This, coupled with a
strong Religion curriculum, will provide a rich supplement to a caring
and nurturing family life for our students.